As a result, we are well-respected by the media and have a unique and special working relationship. We connect them with expert sources at nonprofit organizations, without any interference from for-profit clients. As a result, they are more likely to pick up the phone when we call and be responsive to our email messages.
We also have substantial resources available to us that are normally only available to nonprofit clients of high-priced PR firms. We offer all our clients access to these resources at substantially reduced rates compared to other firms.
These resources include:
- Journalist Query Service
- Expert Index Database Entries
- Media Databases, Contact Management and Press Release Distribution
- Web-Optimized Press Releases
- News Tracking + Analysis
- Custom Media Lists
- Creative, Custom Pitches to Key Media Contacts
- Press Kits (Online + Physical)
- Utilization of Social Media to Engage Journalists
Sampling of coverage gained for our nonprofit clients:
- Operation BBQ Relief featured on Kansas City evening news >
- Special Ops Survivors (formerly United Warrior Survivor Foundation) featured on CBS Evening News >
- CNN Piece Tells Story of How Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School Helped Teen Get Off the Streets, Into College >
Sampling of press releases we have prepared for our nonprofit clients:
- U.S. State Department Extends Funding for Salesian Missions Program Helping Afghan Refugee School Children in Pakistan
- Operation BBQ Relief Has Mobilized a Response to West, Texas; Will Serve Hot Meals to Displaced Families, Emergency Workers
- On World Teachers’ Day, Salesian Missions Remembers Bright Youth Killed in Haiti Earthquake While in Class Studying to Become Teachers
- Salesian Missions Hard Hit by Haiti Earthquake, but Responding to Needs of Thousands
SHOESTRING also specializes in creating Nonprofit Newswires™ for clients. For an example, go to MissionNewswire.org.